Volunteer Development Department
Welcome to the Volunteer Development Department!
- Volunteer Registration
- Chapter Chartering
- Creation, revision and maintenance of volunteer development and team resources on the wiki
- Creation and distribution of the monthly “Coming Together” volunteer newsletter. See Guidelines for Coming Together Newsletter
- Returnee Engagement
- Troubleshooting team issues with volunteer leaders as requested
Volunteer Training and E-Learning
- Maintenance and development of the volunteer and staff trainer network within AFS-USA through implementation of a *Training of Trainers (TOT) program for volunteers, staff.
- Development and ongoing revision of online learning modules in collaboration with internal constituencies and external contractors
- Maintenance of the AFS-USA Online Learning Center including troubleshooting technical issues encountered by volunteers, staff, and host families
- Monitoring of online DoS and HSA-required training and certification in non-TDS teams
- link to training requirements for Volunteer positions: http://afswiki.org/index.php/Required_and_Recommended_Training_Modules_for_AFS_Volunteer_Roles
For questions on volunteer registration and trainings, please call 1-800-AFS-INFO, option 4.
- Kristen Bates, Senior Director of Volunteer Development
- Wendy Hyatt, Director of Volunteer Education and Training
- Rona Weitz, Senior Manager of Volunteer Development
- Ellie Hehre, Volunteer Resources Coordinator
- Nneka Anunkor, Volunteer Resources Coordinator
- Casey McAlpin, Returnee Engagement Specialist
- Amy Birkhead, E-Learning Specialist